Which is the Best Place to Get Pre-Owned Cars and Trucks?
Searching for the best place to purchase a pre-owned car? Purchasing a used car, truck, SUV, or minivan is typically a excellent way to save yourself some extra cash. The process of purchasing the perfect vehicle, however, can seem quite daunting and stressful. That is, unless you know exactly where to find a deal on a used car. We’ve reviewed the most typical places to purchase a used car, truck, SUV or minivan. Now you can be confident that you can select the right option for you.
How To Get the Best Deal on Pre-Owned Cars and Trucks?
Not too long ago, shopping for a pre-owned automobile was a relatively simple process. Go to the local dealer nearest to your home, pick up your ‘new’ car, work out the financing, bring it home, wash, rinse, and repeat every couple years.
That was another age… My how times have changed…
Twenty-first century pre-owned automobile consumers have even more choices available to them than at anytime before. To help sort through all the choices, our team would like to help. Let us get a closer look at all of the options that modern pre-owned automobile consumers need to face.
At Which Places Can I Buy Pre-Owned Automobiles Near Me?
The fast and easy response to this question is to review the used inventory at a new and used car dealer. When you consider the increasing number of car dealers, however, even that answer can bring confusion. Plus, don’t forget about the privately-owned used car lots dotting the automotive landscape to add into this equation.
Of course, for those that prefer not to deal with car dealerships at all, there is always purchasing a used car from an individual or private seller. Finally, there is the increasing number of web-based used vehicle shopping websites. These do a great job of making the whole thing look and sound all too easy.
Thus, with all of these pre-owned vehicle buying options comes the ultimate question: Where is the best place to get a top of the line pre-owned car, truck, SUV, or minivan near me?
What are the Advantages of Purchasing Used Automobiles From a Local Car Dealer?
Purchasing a previously owned automobile from a local dealership may sound like the most costly alternative on the list, but before you reject the idea at the starting line, you might want to think about the benefits a car dealership offers to pre-owned car buyers.
Right here are simply a few of the key benefits to acquiring a pre-owned automobile from a franchised dealership:
- Franchised auto dealers want repeat business. Purposefully offering overpriced ‘lemons’ generates the specific reverse of that. You’re not likely to find one of those here at the dealer.
- Name-brand dealerships need to comply with a rigorous set of business and legal|lawful restrictions versus illegal marketing techniques. Cheating their buyers doesn’t simply cost them repeat shoppers, it can cost them their whole organization, or result in steep fines by manufacturers.
- With extremely rare exceptions, dealers almost always have a team of extremely educated mechanical technicians on hand that inspect and repair every used car, truck, SUV, or minivan in their stock before placing them up for sale.
- Auto Dealers also have finance teams with access to a healthy network of financial institutions all focused on one objective – to help get you into the car, truck, SUV, or minivan you truly want.
An additional benefit franchised car dealerships provide are exclusive offers on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles:
- CPO cars, trucks, SUVs, and minivans are extensively examined and fixed, as needed. This substantially minimizes the threat that you’re purchasing another person’s mechanical nightmares.
- Virtually every CPO car, truck, SUV, or minivan will have service guarantees and warranties that you just cannot get from the rest of the used auto buying options.
- You will likewise be given a comprehensive vehicle history report with all pre-owned automobiles, as well as specifically with Certified Pre-Owned cars.
While the cost on a car dealerships’ used or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars and trucks might be a bit higher than, say, a private vendor, each pre-owned automobile buyer need to take into consideration how much they are willing to invest in the peace of mind and auto financing aid you can only find at a name-brand, franchised car dealership.
Things That You Should Think About When Buying From a Used Car Lot
Let us to face a few realities. The price tag on independently owned pre-owned car lots can be difficult to turn down. And, if cost is your single factor to consider, then you’ll more than likely enjoy a better monetary deal at a nearby used car lot than you could get at a brand-new auto dealer. At the very least on the front end.
But, there can be some quite substantial risks associated with purchasing from a privately owned used car lot. For example:
- The threat of getting a ‘lemon’ is much greater. Used car lot ‘assessments’ are not nearly as detailed as a dealership’s, typically talking, nor are independent used car lots as eager to spend cash on mechanical repairs on their inventory.
- A lot of private, car lots aren’t as concerned about repeat shoppers as most traditional auto dealerships. Aftermarket customer support is usually lacking, especially if you come across mechanical problems with your ‘brand-new’ vehicle.
- Many used car lots either do not have on-site financing assistance or they have very minimal financing options available. You can absolutely pay for a pre-owned or used car by yourself through your personal bank or credit union. Yet, you may find your financial institution of choice isn’t as eager to assist you to finance a used car as they are a brand-new one.
- Independent used car lots cannot offer manufacturer-backed Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle inspections, warranties, or deals.
The Bottom Line:
Buying from used car lots comes down to trusting the vendor to shoot straight as well as back up their assurances and guarantees they made when first attempting to sell you that ‘best’ automobile.
What Can Independent Vendors Offer to Pre-Owned Vehicle Purchasers?
Once more, if sticker price is your only factor when looking for a pre-owned car or truck, then a private vendor is probably the very best choice. When you think about the truth that a lot of independent sellers are extra interested in unloading their cars, trucks, SUVs, or minivans as opposed to making a living selling cars, you can absolutely discover some incredible deals utilizing this alternative.
However, there are some points you’ll need to think about prior to purchasing from a private seller:
- This option is the utmost ‘buyer beware’ situation considering that private vendors offer no warranties concerning the car or truck’s problem.
- If there are any type of issues or concerns with the vehicle when you buy from a private vendor, they will be yours to handle once you take ownership of the car, truck, or SUV.
- Most private sellers provide no car history reports. You can certainly research the car’s background on your own, yet you’re certainly on your own with this process.
- Private vendors do not typically evaluate and/or repair their vehicle prior to placing it in the marketplace. Your individual auto technician can give it a once-over or checkup. Yet if you’re trying to find a detailed, bumper-to-bumper evaluation, you’re looking in the wrong place.
This is a DIY process. Even when providing your own study, examinations, and financing. The risk of spending your hard-earned money on a money pit is very high when buying a used car from an independent vendor.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Buying Online
Internet-based car purchasing is not a new thing in 2019. A lot of car dealerships have actually used internet buying options for more than a few years. But, what is brand-new is the growth of online used car web properties that specialize in marketing pre-owned cars, trucks, or SUVs. These answers avoid the trouble of taking a trip to a dealer or independent owner to complete the sale. Here are the good, the bad, and the ugly facts regarding web-based used car buying:
- Many internet pre-owned vehicle purchasing can be completed in less than an hour, including finance, without the shopper ever having to leave the comfort of their own home.
- Online sites deliver your new vehicle right to your front door. This is the exact definition of ‘comfort’.
- Most online websites provide a quick time-period for you to try the car, truck, SUV, or minivan. If you are unhappy, then you can send it back for a complete refund, no cost to you and usually no questions asked.
- There is no way to examine drive or evaluate your car before the delivery. While some websites do their best to supply images, or even short video clips of the car or truck you have an interest in, images can’t show every little thing. Plus, a video clip can’t take the place of a real road-test.
- Anxious to take your new purchase out for a spin? You’ve got a little a delay in store. Occasionally it can be a few weeks out, considering where the car or truck is being delivered from.
- Speaking of delivery, you’ll most definitely wish to take notice of the shipping costs on your billing before finalizing.
- Once delivered, what occurs if you’ve bought a lemon? Most online dealerships do not have aftermarket fixing solutions.
- Does the car, truck, or SUV you’re acquiring online follow the car emissions regulations in the state you reside in? This can be a pricey oversight.
The attraction of internet-based convenience can often mask potentially pricey issues. Not to mention extreme aggravation when attempting to solve them via an exclusively web-based car website.
Is a Car Dealer an Excellent Place for Used Auto Finance?
Whether you’re buying a new, used or Certified Pre-Owned car, truck, SUV, or minivan, many auto dealers offer used car financing alternatives. Benefits of financing with the auto dealer are:
- Complete agreements at the car dealership rather than returning to the bank.
- Obtain same, or often better, financing rates than a bank or credit union.
- Often you can benefit from some rewards provided by the car’s maker on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) automobiles. This is something you definitely can’t get at a used car lot.
Treat Yourself to a Lot More
Obviously, there is a lot more to take into consideration when shopping for a used car, truck, or SUV than simply the time you spend and the cash you save. If you’re seeking a little extra from your pre-owned car, truck, SUV, or minivan buying experience, then the auto dealership has the auto knowledge and personalized service you need to make an educated used car acquisition.
To find out more on searching for your following pre-owned car, truck, SUV, or minivan, contact our used sales team or simply have a look at our pre-owned stock.
Where is the Best Place to Find a Used Car | Fernandez Honda