2016 Sonata vs. 2016 Honda Accord in San Antonio
Ready to start your new car journey with Fernandez Honda? Sometimes journeys can have obstacles, but our goal is to make it as seamless as possible. For instance, we love starting with a new car comparison for the potential car buyer. Why? Because an overview tends to give you a better idea of what the vehicle can do for you. Today, we’re looking at two very popular cars: the 2016 Sonata and the 2016 Honda Accord in San Antonio.
1. The Accord is the safer one of the two.
- The Accord has Active Head Restraints that protect the front driver and passenger from whiplash, something that the Sonata doesn’t offer at all. In addition to the whiplash protection, the Accord has available parking sensors and was given the top rating of “Good” in the overall evaluation for the IIHS frontal offset crash test. The Sonata does not have parking sensors, and was rated only “Acceptable” in the IIHS crash test.
2. Better warranty and reliability.
- Did you know that there are 73% more Honda dealers than there are Hyundai dealers? Getting your car serviced in your Accord is significantly more convenient than getting your Sonata would be.
- The J.D. Power and Associate’s survey of owners of 3-year-old cars conclude that Honda cars were ranked 5th in reliability, while the Hyundai vehicles were ranted way low on the list, at 24th.
3. An ultra powerful engine.
- With the most basic 2016 Accord engine, you’ll get 185 horsepower, which is great in the sedan market. With the Accord EX-L V6/Touring engine, you’ll be riding with 278 horsepower! On the other hand, the 2016 Sonata’s base engine gets only 178 horsepower, and it’s top-of-the-line 2.0 turbo engine gets just 245.
4. The Accord has towing capacity.
- Yes, you read that correctly! The 2016 Accord, still in the sedan category, has a towing capacity of 1000 pounds! No need to borrow your brother’s friend’s truck the next time you need to pull something
5. High(er) Tech
- It’s not a secret anymore that Honda just has overall better technology options and features than Hyundai. With this being the case and to save time, we’re listing technology features that the 2016 Accord offers as standard that the 2016 Sonata does not come standard with:
- Standard remote vehicle starting system
- Windows can be controlled from the key in the outside lock cylinder or the keyless remote
- Standard speed-sensitive windshield wipers
- Dual-zone air conditioning
- Automatic air conditioning
- Rear heating and cooling vents for backseat passengers
Looks like that about completes the comparison! The 2016 Honda Accord in San Antonio is not only more safe, but has higher technology, a larger towing capacity, is more powerful and more reliable. Don’t believe us yet? Stop by Fernandez Honda today for a test drive to see more of the Accord!